If after years of working in different beauty businesses, you have decided to start and open your own beauty salon, what we are going to tell you today is going to enchant you. If on other occasions, we have talked to you about how to open a beauty salon, telling you, step by step, the procedures that must be carried out before starting; Today, we will delve into one of the key tasks in the process: what to buy for your beauty salon.
First of all, before you start looking for furniture, materials or equipment, you should make a budget and calculate what you intend to spend in each game. So that you can do the math more accurately, we are going to help you with the ‘shopping list’ for your beauty salon, pointing out the key items you will need to start the first day of work. Let’s go there!
What do I need to buy to open a new beauty salon?
The furniture in your beauty salon is one of the most important investments you will have to make. When it comes to furniture, you should bet on quality pieces that last a long time and that are also comfortable for customers and do not deteriorate easily. Let’s start with a list of the basic furniture for your centre:
Counter: In this case, we recommend that you buy it from a distributor of salon furniture Australia (for commercial premises) or order it from a carpenter to adapt it to the space you have available at reception. The counters are usually made of varnished, lacquered or laminated wood. Some of them are even upholstered, with methacrylate or resin fixtures, or illuminated with LED light strips, giving them a very modern and sophisticated touch. It is important that you take care of this furniture, because, after all, this is the first that customers will see when they enter your room.
- Chairs: Everything will depend on the hair, makeup and nail positions you want to put on. You can use hairdressing chairs for the positions, more comfortable and with a swivel base, and simpler ones made of wood or metal for the nail bar. In addition, for the headwash area, you should look for some armchairs and others for the pedicure area, accompanied by footrests and some stools.
- Tables: In your beauty salon you will need different types of tables. From the coffee table for the waiting room to the desk-style tables for the nail bar.
- Mirrors: In the same way, the mirrors will be located in different areas. First, you will have to place some vanity mirrors with bulbs or LED light for the positions, accompanied by a small shelf, console or chest of drawers. Later, at reception, it would be convenient to locate a full-length one so that they can be seen before leaving and even locate several, covering the pillars.
- Sofas and armchairs for your waiting room: Your reception and your waiting room must follow an aesthetic and be welcoming. Therefore, you should use comfortable and beautiful furniture, which invites you to sit down and wait your turn, while having tea and reading a magazine.
- Magazine rack: Usually magazine racks are in the waiting room, but you can also place one in the hairstyle or pedicure area, making them available to customers so that they can be distracted while they wait or are served.
- Trolleys for accessories: The trolleys will serve you both for hairdressing supplies and for make-up, manicure and pedicure. You can fill out one for each activity to have the basic materials on hand and be able to transport them from one part of the room to another if you need it.
- Stretchers: These are some of the essential pieces of a beauty salon. You should have one stretcher per cabin and at least one spare folding table, in case one of the two breaks down. Try to get them new and of high quality so that they do not snag, limp or peel the coating. Although you always cover it with a stretcher cover or disposable paper, look for ones with resistant upholstery and easy cleaning.
- Cabinets: The storage areas should be diverse, so you can intersperse cabinets with shelves. For example, cabinets are essential in the cabin and in the washing area because you will store the materials and products for internal consumption for each beauty treatment.
- Shelves and display cabinets: For their part, the shelves and display cabinets are the perfect piece of furniture to display and present your beauty products for sale, from shampoos, conditioners and serums, to facial creams or body lotions, accessories for makeup and even nail polish. The shelves are perfect for displaying products online, while the display cases are ideal for smaller pieces or for exclusive product lines, which you want to enhance.
- LED light lamps with a magnifying glass: These floor or table lamps, with adjustable arm, are perfect for working on the client’s skin or nails, because they perfectly illuminate the area, eliminating shadows. In addition, with the magnifying glass, you can visualize every detail and take care of every detail of your manicures or makeup.
Supplies and internal consumer products for a beauty salon and hairdresser.
Depending on the activities that you develop in your classroom, you will have to buy some supplies or others. You can incorporate various specialties or focus on just one. Let’s look at some of the key materials, which you will need in each case.
- Beauty salon: In your centre, you will perform facial and body treatments (masks, wraps, aloe vera, creams, brushes, towels, gauze, disposable underwear, hats, etc); depilations ( warm and hot wax, wax heaters, conductive gel for laser and IPL hair removal, goggles); makeup ( cotton swabs and pads, makeup remover lotion, toner, makeup products, brushes and brushes, false eyelashes, tweezers, etc); manicures and pedicures (enamels of different colours, nail polish remover with acetone and without acetone, material for gel nails, instruments for cutting, filing and removing cuticles, UV light lamp, blades and pedicure wheel, etc);
- Hairdressing: In your hairdressing salon, whether combined with a beauty area or only dedicated to hair, you should have in stock: shampoos, conditioners, masks, dyes, products for straightening and curling treatments, towels, dryers, irons, tweezers; as well as accessories for cutting, dyeing, washing and natural hair extensions. Also, you should get some good layers, with neck protectors and towels.
In addition, you should add to this the paper towels, toilet paper, soap, disposable paper for the stretchers, cleaning products, nitrile gloves for hairdressing and beauty, bowls for dye or masks, etc.